Well behaved women seldom make history.
- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Community Sports
- Our Academies
- Contact Us
Welcome to Academies Enterprise Trust – the AET
The AET firmly believes that all young people deserve to become world class learners, to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a world class educational environment possessed of the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up to date resources.
To make our best better
The quality of an education system cannot exceed the quality of its teachers.
— McKinsey Report
Our ambition is to ensure that our students have every opportunity to fulfil their potential, broaden their horizons and become active, prosperous and successful citizens in the world around them.
To achieve this aim we have established the AET to act as the operational body and ensure that each academy, whether from the primary or secondary phase, becomes high performing as quickly as possible.
Our core principle is to devolve accountability nearest to the point of delivery: to the Boards of Governors of the academies, to leaders at every level, and to students and adults in the classrooms.
We want to ensure that each and every one of us working in and across the AET academies is held to account to maintain and continually improve what we do for the benefit of all and to maximise educational opportunity for all.
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure that our students can, in the future, compete on the world stage with the skills, confidence and flair to generate new ideas and new initiatives, and thereby make a full contribution to today and tomorrow’s worlds.
Ian Foster – Chair
David Triggs BA Ed (Hons); MSc (Leadership) – CEO
10 Key Drivers
As we work with all of our academies and associate schools we aim to:
- realise the potential of every individual
- celebrate the whole child
- focus continuously on learning and teaching
- maintain a perpetual cycle of monitoring, evaluation and review
- use learning technologies to support, enhance and extend
- promote leadership at all levels
- provide bespoke CPD for the whole school workforce
- build partnerships within and across the school community
- share structures, systems and procedures
- identify and share innovation and best practice
Quote of the Week
- 1 of 63