SLE Specialism: English
Jennie is currently Head of English Faculty for an improving school in Hampshire where she increased 3 levels of progress by 20% and A*-C by 20% in her first full year in the position. Jennie has 12 years of experience teaching English which include various TLRs in English and driving whole school improvement at KS5.
Jennie committed herself fully to the development of students and teachers through:
· The creation and enabling of successful, cohesive teaching teams;
· Effective coaching and mentoring;
· Supporting non-specialist understanding of taught English;
· Introduction of effective Teaching and Learning programmes - Thinking Skills, Independent Learning and modelling group work;
· Assessment and Feedback, and Assessment for Learning.