Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world
- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Community Sports
- Our Academies
- Contact Us
AET Learning Platform
What is Moodle
- an open, community based elearning Course management System.
- The AET and academies learning platform.
Moodle enables you to:
- Build online courses and assign them to to your classes and groups (MIS links).
- Create and upload resources and activities.
- Each academy is provided with their own learning platform.
- Moodle is community developed- teachers create and share courses- AET can offer support and training.
- SCORM Courses
- Course Forums
- Course Calendar
- Assign Work
- Mark Work
- Student Dialogue
- Course Blog
- Course Wiki
- Course Glossary
- Course Forum
- Lesson Management
Learning Platform FAQ
- Q. Is it a VLE – Virtual Learning Environment
A. Yes, but it focuses on Course Management
- Q. Is Moodle free?
A.Moodle itself is free, however, the AET and the Academies have a support package with Webanywhere which means the school can email or ring for assistance which has a cost and there are the hosting costs for the AET data centre. These costs are paid for centrally.
- Q. Does Moodle sync with regards to building and assigning online courses
A. Moodle does sync with CMIS and SIMS and means your classes and students are always up to date.
(MIS – Management Information System)
- Q. Is Moodle SCORM compliant
A. Yes, Moodle is SCORM compliant so any of your digital courses that are also SCORM compliant can be added to your Moodle.
(SCORM = Sharable Content Object Reference Model)
- Q. Why did the AET choose it?
A. Moodle has a proven track record in education and is used in over 49,000 schools worldwide. It is flexible, non-prescriptive and is very cost effective. It is also used in many FE and HE institutions and it offers excellent integration with school Management Information Systems.
- Q. Does Moodle have Single Sign On?
A. Yes, Moodle does allow single sign inside the Academy; however this does require access to the AET network which may not be available immediately after opening.
- Q. Where/how will it be hosted?
- Q. What do you mean by community based?
A. Moodle is a community based course management system which means that the core of the system is open source and new modules for Moodle are developed by individuals across the world for use in Moodle.
- Q. What is an MIS?
A. MIS stands for Management Information System and is the database at the heart of every school. It contains the information about staff and students along with many other aspect of school life.
- Q. How does it link to the MIS?
A. The AET connect the school to the Moodle and the two systems synchronise to keep the class lists, staff and student users up to date.
Quote of the Week
- 1 of 91