Well behaved women seldom make history.
- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Community Sports
- Our Academies
- Contact Us
You are hereHome ›
Criteria for Success
a)Education provider of choice for the students:
- all our students achieve outstanding results at all stages and ages as appropriate to their ability.
- every student who can achieves 5 A*-C grades with English and mathematics.
- all students leave education with 5 A*-G passes.
- students’ attendance is outstanding (based on the National Strategies graphs).
- all students are skilled as life-long learners, understanding their
learning style and trained in thinking skills.
- all students have the opportunity to engage in sport, music and the performing arts at the highest levels, including county, national and international standard.
- all students develop entrepreneurial skills.
- all students skilled as ‘knowledge managers’.
- all students progress and achieve against their initial CAT1 scores.
- all students achieve a reading age or numeracy level that is at least, or no less than, two years below their chronological age.
- all students following vocational courses gain industry standard qualifications (for example – CCNA, IT Essentials).
- every student has a positive attitude to learning.
- all students can access and assess their own learning.
- all students take responsibility for their own Individual Learning Plan.
- all students have high self-esteem.
- all students respect and care for each other, themselves and the environment, fulfilling the Discipline with Dignity2 approach.
- all students have access to extended activities.
- all students have access to a healthy and safe environment..
1 CAT score: Cognitive Ability Test.
2 The essence of life at AET Academies is embodied in the term ‘mutual respect’, where each (adult and student) looks after self, others, and the environment.
b) Employer of choice for the staff:
- all staff feel they are valued members of their Academy’s learning community.
- all staff report they are actively supported in the development of new skills and competencies.
- all our Academies continually incorporate new learning into standard practice.
- all leaders demonstrate that they believe leading is about serving not about being served.
- all leaders strive to remove barriers in order to help people focus on their work and students.
- all staff report they have opportunities to influence decisions that affect them.
- all staff clearly feel that teams are used as a vehicle for accomplishing work and influencing decisions.
- all staff have easy access to the information they need to do their job effectively.
- all plans and decisions are communicated so that they are clearly understood.
- each Academy’s vision, including purpose and values, is clearly understood and passionately supported by all involved with and working in it.
- each Academy achieves Investors in People3 recognition.
- all staff have access to medical insurance and incentive schemes.
c) Investment of choice for the parents/carers:
- each Academy is over-subscribed with applications for student places.
- Kirkland-Rowell4 reports parents/carers have high levels of satisfaction with their child’s Academy where:
- Discipline with Dignity is the norm.
- their child receives high quality tuition.
- their child is happy and engaged in her/his learning.
- their child is free from stress of any form.
- their child is taught by caring staff.
- their child is taught in a world class facility.
- each young person develops her/his potential.
- students are confident and have high self-esteem.
- the Academy communicates regularly and effectively.
- the Academy assists in the development of strong moral values.
- examination results are the best they can be for every child.
- parents/carers have access to a full range of support.
- each Academy achieves Customer Service Excellence5.
- parent consultation evenings and Academy events such as musical, sporting and plays are very well attended.
- celebration events are very well attended.
- each Academy achieves the European Foundation Quality Mark6 (EFQM) to demonstrate their efficiency.
- each Academy demonstrates a relentless focus on results from the view point of the parents.
- all processes are designed to ensure that parents and carers can communicate easily and effectively with their Academy.
- stakeholders are regularly consulted and their views and opinions are always taken into account.
6 See http://ww1.efqm.org/en