If the purpose for learning is to score well on a test, we've lost sight of the real reason for learning.
- About Us
- Learning and Teaching
- Community Sports
- Our Academies
- Contact Us
This privacy statement sets out how the Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) and its Academies use and protect any information that you provide when you use our websites. This privacy statement relates to the AET central services website, any AET academy that uses AET Web Services and any other web service that is developed and managed by the central services Learning Technologies Department.
The Academies Enterprise Trust is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide personal information by which you can be identified when using our websites, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Academies Enterprise Trust will review this statement regularly and you are advised to regularly revisit the statement. This statement is effective from 1st January 2010 onwards and includes guidance related to privacy/cookie compliance requirements that must be in place by 26th May 2012.
General browsing of our websites: Cookies
To make our websites simpler to use, we sometimes place small data files on your computer, these are known as cookies. These cookies aim to improve your experience of our websites by:
- Remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page.
- Measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs and improve it as required. We use anonymous traffic log statistics to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. They aim to make our sites work better for you. You can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish. If you would like to learn more about cookies and how to manage them, you can visit visit AboutCookies.org.
In specific circumstances where you may wish to either send us information or request support or services we may need to collect further information from you. At these times (where possible) it will be made explicit that you are interacting with our websites in this way. Types of information may include:-
- Contact Details
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or stakeholder engagement..
The information collected could be used to:
- Improve our services to you.
- Undertake stakeholder engagement.
- Send information that you have requested to you.
However, we will not contact you unless you have specifically requested that we do so, and we will not share information about you to anyone outside the AET without your consent unless the law or our internal policies allow us to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to follow up questions or issues you have submitted in relation to a stakeholder engagement process or service improvement.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at email@example.com.
Academies Enterprise Trust
Foundry Business Park
Tel: 0845 4530073
Fax: 01702 207605
We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Quote of the Week
- 1 of 90